For me and for my collection, this AAA perfect replica Rolex watch – purchased at its retail price – is a great addition. I also feel that it’s a winner for Rolex from a business perspective, enabling the brand to turn a somewhat unappreciated entry-level watch line into one of the hot commodities of the year.
It might be just the thing for you if:
- Like me, the lacquered “Stella” look and accompanying lore appeal to you.
- Your personal style extends to wearing bright colors and accents.
- This watch is at an accessible price point for you and you think it’s more fun than other “fun” watches you might buy.
- You appreciate the robust quality and good timekeeping that is front and center with Rolex.
- You have a good enough relationship with your authorized dealer to get an allocation at this point.
On the other hand, you might pass if:
- You have a yacht moored off Capri or a mansion in the Hamptons and can full well afford an original vintage Stella.
- Rolex tradition or no, you see these bright dials as a gimmick (remember, the original Stellas did not sell well at the time they were launched in the 1970s).
- You just aren’t drawn to Rolex as a brand given its scale.